Sunday, May 30, 2010

It's a Major Award!

Hello fellow True Blood lovers!  I just heard of the term "truebies" recently, is that something HBO coined for this fan event?  If it is, they're pretty good at making those things stick.  Also, it's far superior to "twihards", which made me laugh for days.  Anyway.

Been giving a lot of thought as to what I should do as "sheriff".  I mean, apart from printing more money, and finally getting my kiddie pool full of jello and alligators. I have that authority, right?  That's what I thought.  I decided to be helpful and do some trip planning.  Don't know where everyone else is coming from, but I am coming from Santa Cruz this Tuesday.  Twitter is a great place to coordinate rides and carpool, since parking around the City Centre is expensive as all get out.  There are three parking garages around the Centre, which, if you haven't been there, is a giant Westfield mall.  These three are the garages recommended by the mall:
Ellis O'Farrell Garage

Union Square Garage on Parking Carma

Jessie Square Garage on Yelp

The address of the City Centre mall is 835 Market ST, San Francisco, CA (this is a Google map link) and the brilliant thing about that is that it's very close to the Powell street BART station.  BART is awesome, I love BART.  It smells like weird sometimes, but it's saved my sanity on many an occasion.  I think that I will be parking at Daly City station and BART-ing it up to Powell st.  The thing about that is, that the last train leaves around 1am.  That should be enough time for the festivities to be over.  I mean, heck, if it goes until midnight it will have been on for 3 hours.  Also, many garages around the area close at about 1am as well.  So, I am hoping that I don't have to leave early, but I am also preparing for it.  I have to work on Wednesday!

The Century theatre there is where I saw "Clash of the Titans" after Wondercon.  It's a pretty epic theatre.  It's all fancy getting up there, cause you take an elevator from Macy's... or Nordstrom's... some department store.  You'll see it, there is a huge "Century" light up sign outside the building.

Get there early!  The pass specifies "no later than 8:30pm".  Which actually means, "get there by 8pm" at least.  I will cry blood tears if anyone gets shut out of the event for arriving late!  If you won a VIP pass, you're guaranteed admission if you arrive on time.  If you are a general admission ticket holder, the earlier you get there, the better your chances of seeing the show.  So, like I said, GET THERE EARLY!

Feeling prepared?  Good.

See you there, suckas!
Your friend, Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment