Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Holy crap!

Watched Lost yesterday.  I can't help but feel like the end of the show is going to let me down.  I hope it doesn't.  They've been giving us a lot of up front answers to questions that have been collecting since season one.  It seems to me like they have been reading back screenplays and writing down things that they haven't resolved yet.  They have a ways to go, but the finale is 4 hours long.  4 hours!  Only 2.5 of which are going to be programming, I'm sure.  Here is what I hope for: the finale will be action packed and suspenseful, while neatly wrapping up every major character's story line from both universes.  I hope that there is more to the island than a light that needs protecting, or that they will expand on the notion of that "light" so that it makes more intellectual sense.  Also, I wanna see Jack do something Jacob-ish and supernatural.  I'm still insanely curious as to how they are going to handle the parallel universe (not on the island).


Found this while looking for ideas for a Lost theme party:

The Sayid:
4 parts Toothpaste
1 part spider web
2 parts boar urine
1 part sand
Mix ingredients in hollowed-out car battery. Funnel down enemy's throat until he tells you where the fuck the bomb is.
Sayid was always my favorite character.  Morally ambiguous, tormented, trying to turn his life around, on the way to reunite with the woman he loves, ruggedly good looking, fucking badass...  If the end of his storyline is really him running off with a backpack full of dynamite so fast that we're not even sure he's dead until it's mentioned, I'm gonna be pissed.  That is all I will say about that.
Also:
The Smoke Monster:
1/2 oz. blackberry brandy
2 oz. Canadian whiskey
1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
1/2 oz. orange juice
1/2 tsp. superfine sugar
After 2-3 of these you will TEAR SHIT UP.
Again, Mr. Smoke Monster better have a freakin brilliant showdown throwdown.  I'm expecting a lot here.

In other news:
Thought briefly today about getting a new job and moving back to San Jose.  Decided against it for now.  The thought of leaving my dilapidated little house with the cute dogs and kitty and ex-slanty shanty made me sad.  I'd miss my silly roommates antics.  They put up with a lot of bullshit from me.  I'm sure it won't be easy finding someone else who will let me leave shit everywhere and hog the TV for hours at a time.  Also, I have only been at my current job for about three months now.  I neither like it or dislike it, but the pay is decent and it's close to my house.  I also told myself that I would go back to school in the fall and I am registered at the local CC.  So, this is happening.  I don't even like Santa Cruz a whole heck of a lot, but it's like the mafia... once you thought you were out, it sucks you back in.  Or it just sucks.  Heh.

Okay, time to do... things.

Ta!
Your friend, Jenn



No comments:

Post a Comment